Isn’t technology great? We live in a time when we can now stream our favorite music for free while driving to work. If you’re old enough, you may remember the days of sitting next to the boom-box and waiting for your favorite song to play. My how things have changed!
With endless forms of entertainment, it’s easy to lose track of the helpful resources also available through modern technology. Healthcare podcasts are one such resource that can be particularly beneficial to nurses and medical professionals. Here are 5 that you’ll find both educational AND entertaining!
- 2 Docs Talk – This podcast is both incredibly informative and entertaining for medical workers. As the title suggests, it is literally the banter of two real-life doctors who discuss healthcare. One great attribute is that each podcast is only 15 minutes long, so you can listen to an entire episode during your commute or while on break.
- Second Opinion – NPR produces this podcast that’s focused on ethical issues relating to medicine. The philosophical twist makes for unique content that you’ll find both entertaining and thought-provoking. It can be streamed online and also airs on terrestrial radio stations.
- Docs Outside the Box – This show describes itself as, “Ordinary Doctors Doing Extraordinary Things.” With a stream of fascinating guests and a focus on social consciousness, it seems to live up to the description! This is a great listen if you’re interested in hearing ways that doctors are promoting positive change in their communities.
- Bedside Rounds – As a nurse or healthcare professional, you’ve probably witnessed some pretty crazy things! If you’re interested in hearing other fascinating stories in medicine, this is the podcast for you. The show is always sure to entertain and will also educate.
- This Won’t Hurt a Bit – This podcast is also a great listen for nurses! It’s light-hearted and funny and focused on topics near-and-dear to those who serve on the front-line of care delivery. Episodes explore practical issues like concussions and food poisoning.
There’s nothing wrong with enjoying the many forms of entertainment afforded by modern technology. Online music and television can provide much-needed distraction during busy and stressful days. However, nurses and medical professionals have options that can both inform and entertain. Many healthcare podcasts are worth a listen!
If you’re a nurse or medical worker looking for a new opportunity, be sure to check out a great healthcare recruiting agency in San Diego!